1. Cut regularly
If you keep the grass short, about 3.5 cm 3, may not weeds as easy to set up. If the grass is too long, you should cut it in batches, not more than one-third at a time. Hand Destroyers or motor is a matter of taste, but make sure your mower blades sharp well adjusted.
2. Fertilise spring, summer and autumn First fertilise do it in mid-April, so once you’ve already done, right?If not, you can give a dose now, around midsummer gives you another dose, and at the end of August. The appropriate amount of fertiliser each time 3 kg NPK full fertiliser per 100 square meters.
3. TOP-DRESS every year top dress makes, among other things to improve grass growth and reduce the risk of dehydration, and it should be done once every summer. Either you spread a thin layer of sand, mixed with a little peat, or buy a ready mixed bag. Do not apply too thick, no more than 0.5 cm is just right.
4. Rake Whether you are a collector on your lawn mower or not, it is good to take a game with a rake and then. Besides that you remove any debris blown out on the grass, you are adding lights to the bottom of the grass when the rake penetrate a little deeper into the ground. If the grass is very dense and compact, it can have a real workout with aerators. Such are available to rent.
5. Cut sparingly and take advantage of the dew during the dry periods during dry periods in the summer like the lawn of course happy to have extra water. But one can not always watering as you want, in some residential areas is watering ban when it’s really dry. During such periods this grow naturally not your grass so much, but a lot of the water requirement grass can actually get through the dew. Cut grass when not less often, the longer the bristle, the larger surface for the straw to form dew on, which in turn provides more water to the roots. Just make sure the weeds do not get the grip that grow in dry!
6. Get rid of the moss Once the carpet is mostly made of moss is because the poor nutritional balance (grass thrives best at pH 6.0-6.5), that the grass gets too little sun, or that it is too humid. Perhaps there are large parts of the mat under a tree? Then wipe it never up and will immediately moss. Either you plant shade tolerant ground cover instead or you may have the tree removed. Moss rake, which can be rented, is a good way to overcome misery, but be aware that it breaks up the moss into small pieces, which then spreads and takes root. So be sure to remove all residues moss!
7. Seeding and repair , if the carpet had a minor injury wound you in with the new seed. Loosen the soil 1-3 cm so that it is loose and airy and so again, any of the same kind as earlier. What kind it was, you’ve probably forgotten, so a good rule is to note which kind you sow the next time at least. Different grasses are namely different hue, and it’s not fun if it swings too much in the colours. Larger surfaces that become poor each year require a more thorough investigation to find the error. You can also patch in the grass ready to roll from the horticultural trade. But check the soil it is grown on. Humus and clay soils are more water storage and can not wear as well as sandy soil cultivated.
Your local grower of Australia’s #1 Buffalo Turf servicing Echuca-Moama, Shepparton, Wangaratta, Albury, wodonga, Ballarat, Bendigo Yarrawonga and everywhere in between.
Address: 256 McSwain Rd Echuca West VIC 3564
Phone: 1800 055 515